Results From Black Friday - 11.23.18 Hopefully, everyone has a great Thanksgiving and if you don't celebrate that, hopefully, you had a great Thursdays. Today is Black Friday and I was interested in are how it would affect the market. Strangely enough, it was a smaller gain/loss than I was expecting. I figured it would have a large effect but it really didn't do anything too surprising. I should probably count my blessings on this though considering I only had one positive day this week. An interesting note, look how my M1 Finance went positive compared to other assets. I'm thinking diversifying in Aerospace really makes that difference and is a great visual as to why different sectors perform differently each day. Acorns M1 Finance Fidelity Go Bumped
Results From Thursday - 11.15.18 An up day for Acorns and M1 Finance. Notice how Fidelity Go is down a bit though. This is a good example of how different investments behave differently each day. Overall I'm pleased with the day. I'm hoping we can finish the week on a positive note tomorrow. Acorns ME Finance Fidelity Go Bumped
Too Good To Be True? The sound of FREE stock rewards sounds almost too good to be true. I thought this as well when I first heard about Bumped, an app that rewards you with free stock in companies that you purchase from daily. Bumped is an app that allows you to link a credit/debit card within the app (or multiple cards) to get rewards back on purchases you make with those cards. I will be posting a video explaining how it works but I will also give a brief run-down in text form of how it works. In lieu of having to pay a lot to gain brand loyalty, companies are able to reward consumers with small fractional shares of their company. This is done simply by purchasing from that company. Say you make a $100 purchase from Walmart. You would get 2% of that purchase back in stock reward in the form of Walmart stock. So, in this case, you would get $2 worth of Walmart stock into your Bumped account. This may seem a little too good to be true but I have thought about it and I be...
Comments
Post a Comment